- Jerry Hughes is still with TCU. Just so you know before you start talking about how the best d-end in the nation no longer plays for his team
- —Guest Frog Fan
- After the beating Oregon layed on them in the Holiday Bowl, what makes you think they're top ten material in 09??
- —Guest laughable man
preseason top ten
- lsu, lsu, lsu, lsu, lsu, lsu, lsu , lsu, lsu , lsu
- —Guest travis
- I guess you are correct Utah certainly does not deserve to be mentioned in same breath with the great SEC. Not to worry though the Utes have the longest bowl wining streak in the country and is the only team in the last four years to have two undefeated seasons and two BCS victories -- a win in Ann Arbor and wins over Oregon State, TCU, BYU and Alabama are not enought to get the Utes in the top 25
- —Guest rick
- Oaklahoma didn't belong in the top five last year and there's even less justification to include them this year.
- —Guest notkidding
- I agree - GT will surprise everyone with the strength in '09 - CPJ knows what he is doing with this returning offense.
- —Guest Jeff A.
Ole Miss 21?
- Hey, i'm right with you on being skeptical about Ole Miss. I was raised to say my Hotty Toddies before i went to bed at night, so I've been there to see them fall short so many times. The difference here: as bad of a signal caller as Coach O was, he may be the best recruiter in the nation. And he recruited the most talented team to wear the Rebel uniform since John Vaught was here and black players didn't play in the SEC. The Crimson Tide and LSU may have more all around talent, but not by nearly as much as usual. And look at every SEC champion this decade. They all had experienced, solid QBs, with the exception of Matt Flynn at LSU in 07, who was a senior who sat behind Russell most of his career. I'm not picking the Rebs to win the SEC, but I'll take them going to Atlanta to play Florida over a LSU team that impressed no one last season and an Alabama team that will start a QB with 0 experience and lost their rb. And behind Notre Dame, Cal, TCU and Kansas? That's just laughable.
- —Guest Jfuller
Are you kidding
- Ole Miss at 21? You might do a little studying o the subject. The informed sites rate the Rebels as high as 5, and actually have rationale to back it up. Your reasoning for this ranking? "It's Ole Miss." What does that mean? Are you 12 years old? Ever heard of Archie Manning, Eli Manning and Johnny Vaught? (Why I responded to a site with exactly 2 comments is beyond me.)
- —Guest RickG
- 1. Florida- defending champs, tebow, blah blah blah 2. Texas- McCoy continues to shine, and Offenses once again run wild in the big 12. 3. Alabama- Im a homer, and we return an amazing defense, McElroy has impressed me a lot (much better QB than JPW IMO), Julio Jones is there with several freshmen WRs that have a shot at making a big impact, and a stable of hbs. If the OL can come together then this could be an amazing team. (I know the most about my team so of course it has a long description :P) 4. Oklahoma- Bradford is back, and they still have a lot of very good players. After giving Florida a run for their money in the NC last season, they deserve a spot in the top 5. 5. Virginia Tech- Clemson repeat? I dont think so, they will have a stout defense, and now they have a good bit of experience on offense, an improvement over last season On the bubble: USC, Ole Miss, Penn St, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State
- —Guest Josh
- Georgia ranked higher than LSU? After UGA loses its qb and tailback.. and LSU returs charles scott jordan jefferson and now has chavis to shore up the D and the #1 recruiting class.... wow you might need a checkup
- —Guest ib2cool
- 2 teams from the SEC in top 20? your not crazy. Crazy is doing the same thing over and over expecting a diffrent result(Notre Dame).You're a joke
- —Guest DAWG POUND
- Hey Dr. Skeptical...we have 17 returning starters, including our star quarterback Jevan Snead and defensive end Greg Hardy. I believe that once the polls are out, you will be pulling your foot out of your mouth.
- —Guest Edward
Ole Miss at 21, really?
- Ole Miss returns 17 of 21 starters as well as a healthy Greg Hardy. I believe their experienced defense will dominate and a proven Jevan Snead will continue to get even better. Add Bobbie Massie (the top lineman prospect in 2007)to the puzzle and it will truly be interesting. (Their schedule has also been made easier with scheduling changes too.) The offensive line is a little suspect on the left side, but Coach Nutt will "coach'em up" and have his athletes ready to compete. (Sidebar - wouldn't it be really interesting to see what he could do if coaching at a Florida, USC,or Texas with those talent pools.) The good news is Coach Nutt now has a school location which opens recruiting doors far better than Arkansas could never have done for him. Their new recruiting class this year only reinforces that positive mindset. I believe Ole Miss will earn your respect this season and hopefully get you to realize that your assumptions were not quite on the mark. Thanks, Trapper
- —Guest Richard Trapp
- Nebraska will go to a BCS bowl. Period. They will dominate the north and may even win a big 12 title, GO BIG RED.
- —Guest Drew
Preseason Top 10
- Texas Texas Texas Texas Longhorns Texas Penn St. Texas
- —Guest Texas Chris
Previous46-60 of 60